FIRST - Is this you?
- Do you have at least 5 years of IT experience AND/OR 3 years of Cybersecurity experience?
- Also, are you a proactive, analytical problem solver?
- Do you communicate in a factual, informative, and direct manner?
- Do you do something with 100% commitment or not at all?
- Does your managing style help ensure your team is firing on all cylinders?
If so, GREAT! Now check to see that you have the technical aptitude for this job below.
NEXT - The job, the salary, the benefits.
Vala Secure Cybersecurity & Compliance is looking for a confident, self-starter who can manage multiple clients and complete detailed audit requirements in a timely fashion. Your main role will be conducting information security audits and technical security reviews. Your experience and willingness to learn will dictate how fast and how far you can go in this position. We need someone that can "talk tech" in layman terms to an audience.
Job requirements include:
- Conducting information security audits based on GLBA, FFIEC and NIST guidelines.
- Performing Social Engineering reviews including dumpster diving.
- Conducting Vulnerability and Penetration Testing Reviews
- Once earned, enjoy very flexible hours in a results-oriented work environment.
- Salary range is $70K-$125K, based off fit and experience.
- Certification Bonuses, up to $6K annually
- Remote Work Environment
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401K + Company Match
Experience and/or Skills Required:
- Experience with technology and cybersecurity in a variety of environments
- Experience with penetration testing tools
- Experience with and understanding of at least one framework (GLBA, NIST, COBIT, etc.)
- Smart and effective communication
The following skills are preferred but not required:
- Experience with Technology regulations and compliance frameworks
- Self motivated with little oversight
- Make the complicated subject easy to understand to the novice
- Experience in the FFIEC, GLBA, SOC, ISO or COBIT guidance a plus
Certifications that could help ease your transition include but are not limited too:
CISSP/GSEC (or equivalent)
CEH/GPEN (or equivalent)